what gear do i need and, Where do I get it?
Beginners do not need to bring their own gear, but participating in historical fencing tournaments outside of our school and full speed sparring requires a high level of safety and we do everything we can to protect our fighters.
REQUIRED TOURNAMENT GEAR
- A steel feder from an approved vendor.
- Fencing Mask, rated 350n or better with back of the head protection.
- Gorget, to protect the throat.
- Heavy HEMA Gloves.
- Additional forearm protection is not always required, but still suggested.
- An athletic cup for men
- Additional hard breast protection for women is not usually required but suggested.
- Heavy Fencing jacket, must be 350n or better
- Hard shin guards
- Hard knee pads.
- Hard elbow pads.
- Closed toe shoes.